Performance Management Tool
The online Performance Management Development Program (PMDP) system is functional and we have fully transitioned to using this system. To access the PMDP system you will need to add a widget to your myWisc portal. Consult the PMDP System Guide (PDF) to learn more.
Supervisors: If you do not see your employees in the PMDP system, contact Kurt D. Rose.
Corrective Action and Coaching
If you have an employee who is not meeting the expectations of the position, please consult with your department administrator and SoE HR staff. The following information is designed to assist both supervisor and employee get back on track to be successful within their position and unit/department.
- Training offered by UW–Madison OHR
- Training offered by the School of Education
- For supervisors (Having Difficult Conversations; Supervising, Managing, Coaching, Mentoring, and Leading; Supervision and Performance Management)
- For employees (Setting Effective Goals; Managing Up; Having Difficult Conversations)
- For supervisors/employees (Giving and Receiving Feedback; Inclusive Work Environments)
- Corrective Progressive Discipline for University Staff
- Discipline, Dismissal, and Non-Renewal for Academic Staff (performance)
- Discipline, Dismissal, and Non-Renewal for Faculty (performance)
- Employee Assistance Office
- University Ombuds Office
- UW System Classified Employee Work Rules
- University Staff Grievances Policy
- Academic Staff Grievances Policy
- Faculty Grievances Policy
- Whistleblowers Law