The primary purpose of the third floor deck at the Education Building is for general use by students, staff, and visitors on a drop-in basis. Use of the deck for events and meetings requires the approval of SoE Building Services and is subject to the policy details listed below.
- Events must take place outside of normal business hours.
- Monday-Friday: 4:30pm or later (Set up can begin no earlier than 3:30pm)
- Saturday-Sunday: Anytime
- Deck reservations are contingent on an available back up location inside the Education Building.
- SoE Building Services staff must be present for all deck events.
- Fees for staff will be assessed according to current Education Building rates.
- Moving of deck tables must be approved prior to the event and must be handled by SoE Building Services only.
- Fees for deck table re-arrangement or removal will be assessed according to current Education Building rates.
- Deck umbrellas are must be operated by SoE Building Services only.
- SoE Building Services reserves the right to take umbrellas down due to high winds or other safety issues.
- Organizations reserving the deck are responsible for cleaning up any materials they bring to an event, i.e. – food and related items, handouts, etc.
- SoE Building Services reserves the right to move any deck event indoors.