Hiring, Staffing, Recruitment, Selection & Searches
If your unit or department has hiring needs this section will assist with information, guides, templates, samples, links, and systems related to hiring employees and staffing.
Recruitment, Assessment, and Selection (RAS) Plan
- Recruitment, Assessment, & Selection Plan (School of Education)
- Search Process Guidelines
- Staff Hire Request Form - required for any recruitment on Funds 101, 104, 105, 108, 114-119, 126, 131, 176-178, and 402
- Faculty Hire Request Form
- Student New Hire Form
- Unclassified Titling Guidelines
- Transitional Titling Information
- University Staff Titles & Descriptions A - D, E - G, H - L, M - P, R - W
- Instructional Staff Degree Requirement Policy
Rehired Annuitant Hiring Information
Zero Dollar Appointments
Graduate Student Positions
- Graduate Student Information
Student Hourly Information
The School of Education adheres to all policies regarding student employment as set forth by UW-Madison and UW-System, below is information to assist with hiring and employing student hourly positions.
Criminal Background Check Information
Criminal Background Checks are required of all employees of UW-Madison to ensure that UW-Madison is a safe and secure environment for all students, employees and visitors. For questions regarding background check information or process please contact Christy Moldenhauer.
For Department Administrators
- Process Map
- Access Request